Last updated: 25.06.2019
In this policy we explain how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you use our services and our website.
Who we are:
Soyang Europe Ltd.
“We/ us/ our” means Soyang Europe Ltd.
“Third party” means someone who is not you or us.
How to contact us
Soyang Europe is committed to respecting your privacy. We take privacy, security and complying with data protection & privacy laws very seriously.
Here are Soyangs’ privacy commitments:
We value privacy because of its value to people. It’s about more than legal compliance – it’s about building a culture that respects privacy and justifies the trust placed in us.
- Openness and honesty
We communicate clearly about actions we take that may impact privacy, we ensure our actions reflect our words, and we are open to feedback about our actions.
We give people the ability to make simple and meaningful choices about their privacy.
- Privacy by Design
Respect for privacy is a key component in the design, development and delivery of our products and services
When we are required to balance the right to privacy against other obligations necessary to a free and secure society, we work to minimize privacy impacts.
- Laws and Standards
We comply with privacy laws, and if required and necessary, we will work with governments, regulators, policy makers and opinion formers for better and more meaningful privacy laws and standards.
We are accountable for living up to these principles throughout our Soyang family, including when working with our partners and suppliers
Personal Information we collect
As a business who works through business to business relationships, the information we collect about you can vary based upon your requirements. It can also vary on the services you have subscribed to.
Soyang Europe will process personal data based on the below – if of relevance:
- Contractual information: To enable us to take action upon your requests. For example, so we can process orders and respond to your needs via email/ telephone and ensure prompt customer service. This enables us to provide our best customer service.
- Soyangs’ legitimate interest needs: Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they do not override your rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to the processing.
- Compliance: With a mandatory legal obligation, including for example accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), procedures.
- Consent you provide – where Soyang does not rely on any other legal basis. Consent may be withdrawn at any time. When you give your consent, you will be given details on how to change your mind.
We will collect your personal information, for example in connection with our products and services, employment and can include:
- Your first and last name, job title, company name, billing and delivery addresses, email and telephone number.
- Collection of notes through conversations with you for business purposes, details of activities in relation to sales process, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of orders you’ve placed.
- Current and previous positions, current and previous companies you represent, publically available information about you.
- Payment card information – we don’t keep the information but it may be processed over the phone only at the time of the transaction.
- Image and vehicle registration number may be recorded on CCTV when you visit Soyang Europe Ltd.
- We may share information for account purposes, this is in line with our terms and conditions and forms part of our credit management. Information will only be shared if required and may incorporate personal details to assist the company in our ability to complete business holistically. We may disclose information to the extent that we are required to do so by law and if required, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
Cookies and Web Browsing Facilities
- The cookies utilised help facilitate navigation and the use of various options, such as filling out forms, security etc. Alongside this the customisation option to enable changing of language.
- When you visit our website, we use a third party service called Lead Forensics, we use this to collect standard log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. The information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make or allow Lead Forensics to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Privacy policies of other websites
- We may share information for account purposes, this is inline with our terms and conditions and forms part of our credit management. Information will only be shared if required and may incorporate personal details to assist the company in our ability to complete business holistically. We may disclose information to the extent that we are required to do so by law and if required, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
Where do we store your data?
Our company retention information sheet details where data is stored, how long for and how they are disposed. Once data has reached its lifespan for retention, they will be disposed of according to the method listed and appropriate.
- As part of our registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect email addresses, which we obtain with consent. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use a third-party provider – Mailchimp – to deliver our newsletter and our marketing company has the access rights to this, to enable them the ability to send out the e-newsletters on our behalf. We do not make or allow mailchimp or the marketing company to find out the identities of those utilising the mailing lists. Mailchimp gathers statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information please see https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our newsletters.
- We utilise a ‘quick quote’ request system on our website, this enables you to request information and receive correspondence from the sales team to gain the information they require. You also have the ability to ‘opt-in’ to our marketing newsletters also. We use a marketing company to deliver the quick quotes, the marketing company receive a copy of the request as a double measure to ensure the quotes have been received. We do not make or allow the marketing company to find out further identification of those utilising the quick quote system, as such they have no authorisation to add them to the mailing list without consent.
When in our headquarters, you have the ability to access our free Wi-Fi. When accessing this, we do not collect any information from the individual or allow any other organisation to do this.
When opening a credit account with us, you will be asked to fill and return a credit application form. Your company will have your credit checked through credit safe, to understand the credit risk associated with your business and to protect our business.
Credit checking is part of Soyang Europe’s terms and conditions for credit applications and all business will be given the results upon completion of the report. Your company will then have 21 days to challenge the decision in writing. Soyang may share details with our dedicated credit management agents as per the terms and conditions of account, though please be assured we do not share personal details with any other company without consent.
If in the circumstances of no credit account, your payment details e.g. credit card information, will not be stored by us.
On the occasions where you pass your own customers’ details onto us, this signifies that you comply with the new general data protection regulations (GDPR) and that you have made your customers aware of what you do with their data – which they have given you permission to use.
Retention of Data
We will keep your information provided for as long as necessary for business use, or for a period up to 10 years, unless you specifically request removal in writing. The DPO will notify you of the final decision in writing within the 30 day timeframe specified by law. You have the right at any time to make a complaint to Soyang Europe. The company holds a retention of records policy with all information for data stated within, the retention of records information sheet also states how information is stored.
Use of Photography
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Or write to us:
Data Protection Officer
Soyang Europe Ltd.